Welcome

Welcome to Texas Campus' Blog. Please take the time to learn more about each of our student bloggers by selecting from the tabs above.



Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where in the world is...

I know many of you were wondering where 'that guy' went. Well, to answer your edge-of-your-seat questions, I've been traveling all over. Between Collegiate DECA and Northwood Softball I've in and out of town the last 2 months.

I had the pleasure of being a part of the Texas Collegiate DECA State Conference held in Dallas. At State, I was able to host a leadership workshop with fellow national officer, Cullen Madden, on the parts of a team. Northwood took 20 students to the event, and of course, all 20 members placed in the Top 3 of their category! (Way to go Northwood Collegiate DECA!)

The next weekend I was invited to speak about Collegiate DECA at the high school Texas DECA Conference in Fort Worth. Here I had the opportunity to not only speak about the organization and its opportunities, but to interact with many Business Club Scholarship winners, potential state officers, and members of my alma mater, Haltom High.


Photo courtesy of Ben Barber CTA DECA
After those two conferences I had things switch up a little bit, as I was invited to the Wisconsin Collegiate DECA State Conference. When I say things switch up I'll add that it was 80 degrees when I left, and 17 degrees when I landed. (I am not a cold weather fan!) This was an unbelievable conference and one where I am so thankful to have been at. I met some amazing people, made great contacts, and was able to soak in some of their enthusiasm about the organization!

From then on my weekends have been about one thing: Northwood Softball!

I might have one of the best jobs ever, getting to do stats and announce for NU Softball. This month, the Knights have played 22 games, keeping me (and them) unbelievably busy. The Knights next home stand will be April 8-9 against Langston University. You'll have to come check it out!

Though my schedule has seemed to slow down, the next few weeks are hectic as well! I leave next Sunday for Orlando to host the 50th International Career Development Conference for Collegiate DECA. After working that conference I am home for a week, then leave to Orlando once more for the high school ICDC. I'll keep in touch, so stay tuned!

~Shankle

No comments:

Post a Comment