Welcome

Welcome to Texas Campus' Blog. Please take the time to learn more about each of our student bloggers by selecting from the tabs above.



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break flashback and upcoming events!

Hey everyone!

I hope you guys are having fun this weekend, since it’s almost the end of your spring break! At least, for most of you, it is! I wanted to take the time out to talk a little about my spring break, and then about some upcoming events at Northwood! :)

First of all, I had a fantastic week off from school! I was out pretty much every day of the week. I got to take a mini road-trip to Oklahoma. I also go to visit so many friends that I hadn’t seen in weeks!

Unfortunately, I didn’t get as much sleep as I planned! Here are a few pictures for you all:
Jennifer, Yesenia, and I at the first/only stop of our road trip!

Stopping in Sanger on our way to Oklahoma! :)

Jennifer, Luis, and I hanging out at a baseball field in Arlington.

Jennifer, myself, and Mike. It was like 11:30 already! We stayed at the fields for a soccer game!
I’ve been back at school for a week now. Besides classes, homework, and various other things, there are a few special events that just occurred this past week and a few that are coming up soon.

Last week, we had our monthly myMonday! I got to meet a few of the kids that visited, and I was excited for them to see our great campus! Kenneth, if you’re reading this, how’d you like it? Northwood will have two myMonday dates in April in lieu of a date in May. Sign up for either April 4th or April 18th!

<--- We got a fancy, new myMonday sign-up link to the left of the blog!

This week, we will be having a presentation on campus about professional dress! Those of you who are in Business Professionals of America or DECA know all about this! But for those of you who don’t and are planning to go into business, look for a blog about this! Hopefully I can get some pictures at the event and give you a run-down of what we learned!
Other than this event, all the groups on campus are gearing up for our annual Founders’ Day. On March 30th, there will be fun and activities all afternoon! I will be a part of two or three events, and I’m most excited for Iron Knights. This event is sponsored and organized by the Hotel, Restaurant, and Resort Management department. My Hospitality Operations Management class is organizing the food-side of this event, while the Food & Beverage class will be planning the competition part. I’ll give out more details and info as we come up on the date, but I can tell you now that three of Northwood’s teachers will be competing, with a possible mystery competitor!

I hope you guys are ready, because Northwood will have some fantastic and fun events coming up in the next month and a half! I can’t wait for you to read all about them!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment