Welcome

Welcome to Texas Campus' Blog. Please take the time to learn more about each of our student bloggers by selecting from the tabs above.



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grandma's Mountain Cookies

This spring break I went to Denver, Colorado to visit my brother. During my time there I wanted to go to one of my favorite cities in the world, Estes Park. (Well maybe not in the world because I haven't even been out of the country.) In this town we visited a cookie shop called Grandma's Mountain Cookies. They were probably the best cookies that I have had.The owner "Grandma" came over and was telling us her story about how her business was growing because an investor had come in and contacted her about selling her cookies on QVC. She took the offer but still wanted to remain in her little shop in the small town of Estes Park.


This really interested and excited me. In recent years,I have decided that I would like to own my own bakery. Her story made me realize that I can have a successful small business and not be a "sell out:" Northwood has instilled in me an entrepreneur spirit that I did not have before starting my college career. I had always planned a path of working for someone else. It was not until I got to Northwood that I seriously considered owning my own business.  From the knowledge of businesses around me and from the knowledge given to me by professors here, I was able to come to the conclusion that I am perfectly capable of opening and successfully running my own business.

Hopefully one of these days I can sit back and tell my story of how my little business was extremely successful!!!

Discover the ENTREPRENUER in you!


-Christen

No comments:

Post a Comment