Welcome

Welcome to Texas Campus' Blog. Please take the time to learn more about each of our student bloggers by selecting from the tabs above.



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Circle of DECA

Last weekend was a busy one for a few of our student bloggers. Melissa, Josh and I were involved in the Career Development Conference for Texas Collegiate DECA. This is my 5th year compeiting in DECA and my second year competiting at the college level. From day one when I started in DECA I was completely hooked. I loved competiting and the conferences and all the new experiences that the DECA world opened up. I was lucky that in my first year in DECA my partner and I made it to International's to compete. We went to Orlando and had an awesome Disney experience. This past weekend my partner and I placed first at our state conference and are getting to compete at International's. Coincindentally this year Internationals this year is in Orlando. It is almost like I have made a full circle with my DECA career.

My high school State Vice President Campaign booth


During my time in DECA I have done way more than I ever thought possible. My Junior year in High School I ran for Texas State Vice President, I went to Internationals in Orlando and Louisville, and I am currently serving as one of the Vice Presidents of Northwood's Collegiate DECA chapter. Also, I am considering running for a National Officer position next year. There are so many opportunities you can have through involvement with DECA.


My partner Natasha Norman and I won First Place
in Business to Business Marketing


Many students are involved in DECA in high school but those numbers signficantly drop when they reach college. DECA at the college level is still just as much fun as the high school level. You still get to travel out of town and have a fun time staying up all night cramming for your test or presentation the next day. Many Universities in Texas simply do not have a DECA chapter. One of the reasons that I came to Northwood was for the DECA and the scholarship that Northwood offers for being a part of a business club.

Northwood Collegiate DECA competitors 
Northwood's DECA chapter took 21 competitors to state and everyone placed. We hope to have as much luck at Internationals this year.

-Christen

No comments:

Post a Comment