Welcome

Welcome to Texas Campus' Blog. Please take the time to learn more about each of our student bloggers by selecting from the tabs above.



Monday, March 5, 2012

I can DO THIS!...and so can you


                                     Well, maybe I can't do THAT!

OK I just want to say that I've always been sort of a math moron and for the past 2 months I was kind of struggling in my math class, but i didn't think I was doing THAT bad. so I'm checking out my grades online one day because I'm a nerd and I do that and I like to stay on top of things (like an academic boss:p) and I come to find out that I have a 61 in my math class. "WELL THIS IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE!"

so thankfully there are so many online resources like virtual tutors and stuff that are available to me here through this program that my class uses. So I'm like "Oh that's what that 'help me' button is for!" and I started using those and now my grade is a 70. It's still not where I would like it to be and still a little unacceptable for my preference, but it is picking up slowly, but surely and I am very excited for that.

Also, they have these awesome little videos where this guy will work a problem out for you and it's step by step and I can pause or rewind if I miss a part. Or they have this hotline number you can call and you give the person on the other end your problem and they will explain to you every detail of these confusing formulas. There's also some great tutors on campus at the Learning Resource Center (LRC) but I decided to opt for the online help because then I can get help on my own time or when I have time i should say; it was just much easier for me than to go schedule an appointment with the people at the LRC and go through all of that.

OK so here's the point: coming to Northwood I was worried about the help that would be available to me in my math classes or any other classes that I might need help with (for me though, it's just always been math). I had heard all throughout high school that students and professors in college aren't as willing to help as everyone in high school is. Well, I just completely debunked that myth because it is soooooo NOT TRUE! at least not here at Northwood:D
-Daryl V.




No comments:

Post a Comment