Welcome

Welcome to Texas Campus' Blog. Please take the time to learn more about each of our student bloggers by selecting from the tabs above.



Sunday, October 31, 2010

Antlers Up!

Everywhere you go, t-shirts and hats are plastered with “T’s” to support the Texas Rangers in the World Series! Just yesterday, the Parks mall in Arlington was a sea of red in preparation for game three of the series. 

Before last year, I was never much of a baseball fan. Not because I disliked the sport, but simply because I did not have a solid understanding for the game. But, the most recent season of Northwood baseball changed that! I religiously went out to the diamond every weekend to soak up some sun and cheer on our Knights. It’s almost to the point where I miss that ritual! Yes, I am proud to say that I miss baseball season here at Northwood.


But, for the time being, I have been filling my baseball void with each series that has led up to this current pivotal point. Even if I can’t be in front of a television to watch the game, I am always sure to assign someone to be my updater via text! 

I will be the first to admit: I am not the most avid fan. (Although, in comparison to some of the die-hard fans, I’m not sure many could EVER measure up!!) However, I thank the Texas Rangers for giving me a team to support and players to follow as I wait for the first game of the Knight’s season. 

It’s amazing the sense of community one sports team can create for a city. Events such as a home team making it to the World Series can unite people from all walks of life. So, regardless of the series outcome, I am among the millions of Texas Rangers fans. And I proud to say that, too! 

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment